Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night"... delayed my veil arriving!

WOW - My veil arrived yesterday! Is anyone else impressed? Frankly I was shocked, I figured it would take at least two weeks for it to arrive, but low and behold when I arrived home yesterday there it was, ta da!

It was such a nerve wracking moment... yes, yes, yes, I know, opening a box with a veil inside probably doesn't even make the top 1000 stressful moments in one's life, but I have to say I was quite anxious about the whole online ordering process, as ordering from the website required me to put my trust into an unknown entity... and, as I am sure you can tell from reading the blog, things don't always go 100% smoothly when I am involved. Therefore, the actual purchasing of the veil online was concerning (to say the least).


That is why when I returned home to greet the brown shipping box on the counter all I could do was hold my breath and hope! I opened it slowly and was greeted by millions and millions of Styrofoam packing pieces. I had to laugh as they were coloured pink... once I dug down through the Styrofoam I encountered reams and reams of bright pink tissue paper (apparently pink was the colour of the day!)... then, finally, I reached my veil, so neatly folded in a plastic bag - it looked so small! I held my breath pulled the veil out of the bag and voila! It was beautiful!

I immediately had to fashion it off for my mom and dad (who were waiting with baited breath - due to fear of my reaction, not excitement - LOL) and everyone was thrilled (or at least they pretended they were).

The tiara was also contained in the same shipping box and it too was EXACTLY what I was hoping for. The whole experience was like opening a present (that I paid for, cough, cough) and really made me feel excited and forced me to sit back and think yikes the wedding is just around the corner!

On the shoe front...

My shoes arrived in Birmingham yesterday! Again I am impressed with the postal delivery service! To my understanding my shoes are currently heading to the airport with the one, the only Mary Luck (Mary is flying north of the 49th Parallel to attend our Jack and Jill - Friday, July 16). I am still a little anxious about the shoe situation, but after the success of the veil/tiara am feeling much more reassured about the end product.
Therefore... I am almost done! My shoes will arrive today at approximately 1430 hrs (EST) and will be in my arms.... errr... on my feet shortly thereafter. The next stop is to start the dress alterations tomorrow and from there I guess it will be all down hill - or up hill (which sounds more positive???).

Invitations...

I haven't really spoken that much about invitations as seriously I have been trying to block out the whole invitation experience. Not that I didn't love putting them together with my four fabulous Unit members, and of course my awesome Mom, but it was a little how you say WORK INTENSIVE (LOL)! Seriously I loved the whole process of putting something together for my friends and family, but the cutting of the glue squares in half in order to get them to stick on the ribbon and then having to do it all over again because it still wasn't sticking on the ribbon (among other obstacles, i.e. tracking down addresses!), demonstrated to me the value of e-mail invitations... just think, you save a tree, a stamp, and most importantly your sanity!

However, to be honest... I don't think an e-vite would have given me the same joy I felt when I looked at my final product and thought - wow! I am thrilled with how they turned out (hunter green with MacGregor ribbon, and a Celtic knot) with my very favourite part of the invitation however was the inclusion of a Scottish Gaelic phrase at the top - "Mo Ghradh Bithbhuan" (My Love Forever).

I also love receiving the RSVPs back, especially the ones with a little message to Brandon and I written on them – it excites me to no end and I read them over and over.

Wrapping Up...

The wedding is almost here and things are coming together... I think this weekend's Jack and Jill will really make that feeling come that much more alive. If anyone is interested in tickets, $10 each, please contact my sister at - meganwjc@hotmail.com, or buy them at the door.

Thanks for reading y’all (practicing for Mary to get here from Alabama)... I think the best is yet to come!

(PS I still have to fill everyone in on our big move on Sunday... for now I will say that we made it AND that Brandon loved driving the truck; I guess boys will be boys!).




No comments:

Post a Comment